It’s a good thing we’re almost to my birthday, I feel like I might be running out of Random Things About Me :). Be sure to check out the first post in this series: 31 Random Things About Me.
Today’s Random Things:
- 16. I love to write. I have always loved to write. I enjoy writing fiction and non-fiction alike. I have 2 other blogs besides this one and enjoy writing for both. In my Seminary education I loved writing papers because it gave me the chance to write. I once wrote a 5 page paper in 59 minutes. I never ran out of words to use, now that doesn’t mean that my words are always brilliant but I love to share them with others. When I was a child and we were living in Irwin, PA my Elementary school had talent shows each year. Back then you could do a talent and also submit something to the writing talent show (they were the same show but different categories). So I would submit a dance and also a story. I don’t remember any of the pieces I wrote but I remember the joy of writing and submitting them. I also wrote for a high school publication and any time I was on a committee I had no problem being the secretary. These days I mostly write about my life but every once in while I try to write some fiction just for fun. 🙂
- 17. I love rocking chairs. Sometimes I think I am such and old soul. I mean I love to knit and I love rocking chairs. But nonetheless I do love rocking chairs. When I was living in Madison Square back in Pasadena, CA I had a rocking chair on my front porch. I used to love sitting outside on a nice day, of which there were plenty, and writing in my rocking chair while listening to music. It was awesome. 😉
My rocking chair that used to sit in Grandma Shirley’s living room. I can still picture her sitting in it working on some project or looking out onto the lake.
- 18. I absolutely love listening to music. I do not know many people that do not like listening to music but I love listening to music. I get inspiration from music and I worship with music. I love singing in the car and listening to tunes either walking or driving to a destination. I love reading with music on or knitting or doing just about any activity. I love artists that are played on popular music stations as well as artists that are not as well known. Some of my favorite artists at the moment are: Pink, Fun, Scars of 45, NEEDTOBREATHE, Big Daddy Weave, Florence + The Machine, Lumineers and Johnny Cash and old stuff from Ozzy Osbourne. 🙂 I have an eclectic taste in music.
I started this series yesterday: 31 Random Things About Me in tribute to my 32nd B-day.
Today’s Random Things:
- 4. I love shows where you end up liking those you shouldn’t be liking. For instance, I love FX’s show The Americans it’s all about the KGB and the FBI and I’m always rooting for the KGB and hoping the FBI bites it. How do they do that? It seems that FX is great at this because I also love Sons of Anarchy and I’m always rooting for Jax and his fellow club members and hoping that they get away with truly bad stuff. And even on Justified I like it when the bad guys get away. How do they have me loving the wrong side?
- 5. I have a tattoo that I got on my 21st Birthday. I went with my then roommate and we each got a verse and something. She got a tribute to a friend that had passed and I got one inspired by my favorite frog ring at the time :). It seems silly to say that now but I love my tattoo as much now as I did back then. It’s such a part of me that unless someone else mentions it I never pay it any mind.
Front view of tattoo on my right ankle (thanks to some camera work it’s ride side up, I only see it this way if I look in a mirror)
Side view of my tattoo
Ephesians 1:3, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.”
- 6. I love to color. One of my favorite things to do when I am stressed is to color in a coloring book. It is such fun! I think it must be a girl thing to continue to color into your 20s and 30s. I know plenty of my gal pals love to color as well. 🙂
I’m turning 32 on the 12th of May. This is the year of weddings and babies. Sure every year I have friends that get married but in the month of May and June there are few weekends that aren’t filled with weddings.
I’m single and have no baby. I also have no job and live with my folks. 32 might be hard this year so instead of focusing on the things I don’t have I’ve decided to focus on 31 things that make up me. I’ve done the math, which means in the next 11 days I will be focusing on 3 things each day (roughly, the math doesn’t come out even) that have to do with me: random facts.
So today’s random facts:
- 1. I can read a 400 page novel in 8 hours. It used to take me 3 months to read a book that long. Now I can do it in a day. I can read a non-fiction book of that length in a couple of days. I like to go slower and absorb the information.
- 2. I love peach iced tea. I love it with real peaches and without but I cannot stand hot tea or hot coffee. I love iced tea, iced coffee and pretty much any other iced beverage. 🙂
- 3. In the past 2 years I have lost a lot of weight. I’m a fraction of my former self and loving every minute of it. I had to go gluten free for health reasons and I’ve never looked better. 🙂
Dad and I at my MDIV graduation
Shopping for an Easter dress Spring 2012
Spring 2013 in my bridesmaid’s dress for my little sister’s wedding